The organisations involved in planning, buying and providing health and social care locally, are working together with the community to shape future services.
This means you and your family will:
- Be supported to remain as healthy, active and independent as you can be
- Know who to contact if you need help and only have to tell your story once
- Have easier access to information and services
- Work together with a care and support team to plan and manage your own care
- Access urgent or emergency care more easily closer to home
- Treated in the best place for your needs
- Increase your ability and confidence to take responsibility for your own health, care and wellbeing
- Be confident that your care is provided in the best possible way.
Health and wellbeing is important to all of us and we aim to ensure people receive the best possible care, by improving services to meet the challenges of the future.
We’re Promoting Health and Wellbeing: Providing care for people in the best place for them, and in the most effective and efficient way possible. Supporting people earlier to help prevent ill health with conditions such as obesity, diabetes and mental illness, so they can be as active and independent as possible.
We’re Providing Care and Quality: People are living longer and with more long-term conditions and so they need a wide variety of care services over that time. We are working together to deliver better joined up care across our GP, social care, public health, community, and hospital services.
We’re Improving Efficiency: Growing demand and future funding challenges are creating a gap between resources and patient needs. Taking no action would simply be putting more money into a system that is not working.
We’re working hard to make our services more efficient, but that on its own won’t be enough. That’s why local organisations and local people have come together to develop new ways of working which result in better health and well-being for residents, provide better value for money whilst improving care inside and outside hospital.
You can find our ICS operating plan here.
Watch our animated video below to find out more.