The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccines are safe and effective. They give you the best protection against COVID-19.
The NHS will let you know when it's your turn to have the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination.
Across the UK and the globe, more and more people are being vaccinated against covid-19. The vaccine is being offered at larger vaccination centres, some pharmacies and some local vaccination services and more people are being offered the vaccine every week.
- Since the programme started in December 2020, across the Frimley Health and Care Integrated Care System (ICS) we have administered more than 712,000 doses!
- Across the UK, we have given over 40 million first doses alone!
- In May, across the UK, first and second doses totalled: 13.5 million. This is 12,500 jabs every hour!
Let us know when you are vaccinated, by using the ‘#peoplelikeme’.
If you have had your vaccine, use ‘#peoplelikeme’ to tell us what motivated you to get vaccinated!
Otherwise, use ‘#peoplelikeme’ to tell us why you can’t wait to have yours!
Book now if you're eligible
COVID-19 vaccines are being offered to:
- people aged 30 and over
- people who will turn 30 before 1 July 2021
- people at high risk from COVID-19 (clinically extremely vulnerable)
- people with a condition that puts them at higher risk (clinically vulnerable)
- people with a learning disability
- people who live or work in care homes
- health and social care workers
- people who are a main carer for someone at high risk from COVID-19
You'll be contacted by the NHS when you're eligible. If you think you're an eligible unpaid carer who has not been contacted for your coronavirus vaccination, speak to your GP surgery.
Coronavirus vaccine priority groups advice
The order in which people will be offered the vaccine is based on advice from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
If you are not eligible yet
Wait to be contacted. The NHS will let you know when it's your turn to have the vaccine. It's important not to contact the NHS for a vaccination before then.