Making Every Contact Count - Healthy Conversation Skills Training
What do we mean by Making Every Contact Count?
Making Every Contact Count enables organisations and individuals to develop and be able to use a different approach to working with people to address health and wellbeing. Telling people what to do is not the most effective way to help them to change. Making Every Contact Count is about altering how we interact with people through learning how to recognise opportunities to talk to people about their wellbeing. The training is informed by theories and models of self-management, empowerment, reflection, and self-efficacy and incorporates a range of behaviour change techniques (BCT’s).
What do we mean by Healthy Conversation?
If a conversation is a chat, talk or discussion the ‘healthy’ in a Making Every Contact Count conversation is healthy is the sense of beneficial or psychologically sound style of conversation: supporting someone in an empowering and positive way. Following training your healthy conversations will support individuals to explore their own world/context, find solutions from within and plan to make a change.
What does the training enable?
- Deliver ‘Very Brief’ or ‘brief’ evidence –based interventions for lifestyle behavioural change, the core elements of which are:
- Promoting mental and emotional health and wellbeing
- Reducing alcohol consumption
- Stop smoking
- Increasing physical activity
- Maintaining a healthy weight and diet
- Be competent and confident to deliver this intervention, and
- Know about local services and how to signpost and support people to access them
Health Education England MECC - https://www.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/making-every-contact-count
MECC free eLearning - https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/making-every-contact-count/