Stop Look Care
Stop Look Care is a framework created to support health and care workers across Frimley Health and Care.
It enables them to feel confident in the care that they are delivering. It supports care plans, and allows workers to monitor people's health and to recognise signs of deterioration in a person’s wellbeing. It can also be used to support care and as a reference guide for families and Personal Assistants.
Using the Stop Look Care framework allows people to understand the following:
- Why different aspects of observation can be important
- The signs and symptoms of deterioration and what to look for
- The actions required following a structured traffic light system
The Stop Look Care actions are defined as:
The benefits of using STOP LOOK CARE
The Stop Look Care approach, can help to:
- Reduce hospital admissions for conditions like Urinary Tract Infections and Falls
- Reduce ambulance call outs and journeys to Hospital
- Prevent hospital re-admissions
- Support personalisation of care and achieve outcomes that prolong a person’s independence
Learn about STOP LOOK CARE:
The following resources can be used to help understand more about SLC.
- Stop Look Care Booklet – Frimley ICS (PDF)- A simple and easy to read handbook
- Stop Look Care Awareness Pack (PDF)- Designed to help people understand what SLC is and how it is applied in practice
- Stop Look Care Awareness Slides (PowerPoint)- Contains helpful hints, links to an online video and animated case studies (also featured below). It can also be used by organisations as a teaching resource when rolling out Stop Look Care to staff.
Training resources (to be used with the below films)
For More Information on Stop Look Care, please contact
Programme Lead - Community Deal Strategic Ambition - Frimley Health and Care ICS
Survey for managers or senior staff to complete
Survey for non-managerial staff and unpaid carers to complete